Opening page

Something not working correctly or do you have any suggestions?

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SVT4942, SPEEDFREEK, 1993cobra, WillyB93

big frank

Post by big frank »

ceetwarrior wrote:Looks sweet! Love the chromies. Just like my car but in better shape.
Yep, I like them better than the painted stockers. Ih ave some bad curb rash pn a couple of them at the lip, but they sure polish up nice. Mothers or Blue mjic aluminum polish and some elbow grease and they come out like a mirror!

Frank
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

68 Shelby GT-350 in restoration
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

Mine are chromed, and the chrome is peeling off. Hope I can get them stripped and polished this summer.
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
big frank

Post by big frank »

ceetwarrior wrote:Mine are chromed, and the chrome is peeling off. Hope I can get them stripped and polished this summer.

Hmmm, I don't understand how they can be chromed. They are aluminum. Are you sure???
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

Aluminum can be chrome plated, but usually they will start to peal or buble after about 6 or 7 years.
ceetwarrior

Post by ceetwarrior »

Yep, they are the stockers. The dealer had them plated. The guy bought the car just like it is.
'93 #3593 Teal/Black cloth - *Sold* but went to a good home! Don't join the teal/black divorce club..
'95 SVT COBRA #3463 (current)
big frank

Post by big frank »

ceetwarrior wrote:Yep, they are the stockers. The dealer had them plated. The guy bought the car just like it is.
Mine are polished and they came from the factory (or the dealer) like that. I asked the guy who I bought it from and he said that is how he bought it.

http://www.tehamashooters.net/frank/93_ ... 0_1557.JPG