Not a Cobra, but....

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

bossgt

I like it..............

Post by bossgt »

Thats whats cool about buying the cobra for the wife. she just wants to drive it. LEAVE IT ALONE is what I am told. That is why I have a 84 and 89 to play with . I like what you have there. robert
1993 Black Cobra
1989 Mustang GT
1984 5.0 Coupe
1970 Boss 302
1970 TorinoGt 460SCJ
71 Torino500 ( boss 351 engine)
buddha

Re: I like it..............

Post by buddha »

bossgt wrote:Thats whats cool about buying the cobra for the wife. she just wants to drive it. LEAVE IT ALONE is what I am told. That is why I have a 84 and 89 to play with . I like what you have there. robert
Got any pics of the 84 and the GT?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

buddha wrote:
red95gts wrote:I'm honestly not sure. All my blower experience is with Vortechs and Paxtons so I'm new to the Procharger thing. Do these pictures help?
That's the cast single piece, though that one looks to be a bit beefier than the original. Looks from the belt wear it seems to holding so far. The problem is that cast piece flexes......a lot. Throw belts, trying to shim with washers......it can get pretty ugly. Here is an old post I Googled, in which I just happened to replied too:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superch ... wners.html

It shows the plate system they used to replace the cast version. I believe there were still issues with alignment with this setup also, but not nearly as much.

Also, watch the tensioner on that setup. It has no stop so it's able to travel over center, slamming the pulley right into your PS pulley. So long as you keep a short enough belt on it that doesn't stretch, you should be OK.

Not trying to freak you out or anything, I just had a lot of experience with that particular setup.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and ditch the dryer hose first chance you get! :wink:
LOL! It just so happens that one of my "to-dos" on this car is to figure out why the PS pulley is grinding away at the blower tensioner aluminum. Between that and the leaky heater core, it hasn't left the driveway yet.

I'm actually giving some serious thought to offloading the entire ATI setup. Looks like they go for $900-$1000 used, give or take. My goal is to build a very streetable car and I'd really like to put the battery back where it belongs as well as clean up the engine bay some. I'd just assume put a Vortech or Novi on the thing and be done with it......

Thanks and I may be pestering you for some ATI help if that's ok?
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

BlackONBlack wrote:Nice ride!

You do know you lost 10 horse power for every sticker you removed, don't you! :lol: :lol:
It did feel like it was down by 300 horses or so... lol!
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
buddha

Post by buddha »

red95gts wrote:
buddha wrote:
red95gts wrote:I'm honestly not sure. All my blower experience is with Vortechs and Paxtons so I'm new to the Procharger thing. Do these pictures help?
That's the cast single piece, though that one looks to be a bit beefier than the original. Looks from the belt wear it seems to holding so far. The problem is that cast piece flexes......a lot. Throw belts, trying to shim with washers......it can get pretty ugly. Here is an old post I Googled, in which I just happened to replied too:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superch ... wners.html

It shows the plate system they used to replace the cast version. I believe there were still issues with alignment with this setup also, but not nearly as much.

Also, watch the tensioner on that setup. It has no stop so it's able to travel over center, slamming the pulley right into your PS pulley. So long as you keep a short enough belt on it that doesn't stretch, you should be OK.

Not trying to freak you out or anything, I just had a lot of experience with that particular setup.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and ditch the dryer hose first chance you get! :wink:
LOL! It just so happens that one of my "to-dos" on this car is to figure out why the PS pulley is grinding away at the blower tensioner aluminum. Between that and the leaky heater core, it hasn't left the driveway yet.

I'm actually giving some serious thought to offloading the entire ATI setup. Looks like they go for $900-$1000 used, give or take. My goal is to build a very streetable car and I'd really like to put the battery back where it belongs as well as clean up the engine bay some. I'd just assume put a Vortech or Novi on the thing and be done with it......

Thanks and I may be pestering you for some ATI help if that's ok?
Sure, no problem.

IMO, if you can unload it, do so.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

Took a quick video today while waiting for the cooling system to burp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1OnDMs ... ata_player
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
buddha

Post by buddha »

red95gts wrote:Took a quick video today while waiting for the cooling system to burp.

I remember how loud that blower is........straight cut gears. Sounds pretty stout.

Saw you coupe vid too. What was the setup under the hood, and did you ever make a passes at the track with it, or dyno?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

Looks good. Nice find. I'm with the others. Love the chrome pony wheels.
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

buddha wrote:
red95gts wrote:Took a quick video today while waiting for the cooling system to burp.

I remember how loud that blower is........straight cut gears. Sounds pretty stout.

Saw you coupe vid too. What was the setup under the hood, and did you ever make a passes at the track with it, or dyno?
It was a stock-blocked 302ci with ported TFS TWs, Holley Systemax intakes, and a Pro Turbo Kits T-64e system. Had a built AOD and a 8.8" with 9" ends and custom axles. Unfortunately, the 9" converter was way too loose so it never made much at the dyno (390 rwhp, IIRC). I had it tightened up and it made a world of difference but I never made it back to the dyno before cylinder #5 met it's maker. I ended up selling the rolling chassis to a guy who swapped in a nasty 347/T-88 combo that went deep into the 9s. He sold it shortly thereafter and I lost track of it...

After I sold it....That's the infamous "Pelican" Veyron from the video I'm sure we've all seen. haha

-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
AT11

Post by AT11 »

Nice looking hatch. I really like the reef blue cars. Your old cobra is doing fine by the way. It mostly stays in the garage. I have only put about 150 miles on it since I bought it and probably half of that was in one day driving to a car show.
1991 Titanium Frost coupe, 331 Stroker
1993 SVT Cobra #199, Teal/Black - SOLD
93 Reef Blue Coupe 441 RWHP, 404RWTQ - SOLD
1990 SSP coupe, Ex Arizona DPS - SOLD
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

Haha! Good to hear. Sounds like you are driving it about as much as I did. Hope you're doing well!
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
RDLINE1

600b Procharger

Post by RDLINE1 »

Anderson Power pipe.. added 2 more pounds of boost for my set up in Colorado. I had over 40,000 miles on the procharger before i sold it on craigslist.... I started having to shim mine.. come to find out it was the crank moving around. uncommon prob. with the 5 speeds.
# 4218
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

red95gts wrote: After I sold it....That's the infamous "Pelican" Veyron from the video I'm sure we've all seen. haha

Did the pelican Veyron get rebuilt, or is that a shot before it took a bath?

-MJS
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

Mike S. wrote:
red95gts wrote: After I sold it....That's the infamous "Pelican" Veyron from the video I'm sure we've all seen. haha

Did the pelican Veyron get rebuilt, or is that a shot before it took a bath?

-MJS
That's beforehand. The guy who bought my coupe is good friends with the guy who owns (owned?) the Veyron. The Veyron's owner just so happens to own and operate an exotic car salvage & reconditioning business. I'm sure you can connect the dots.... Lol

I'm not sure what happened to it after it went for a swim. I would assume it would be rebuilt and sold at a "bargain".
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD