Not a Cobra, but....

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

red95gts

Not a Cobra, but....

Post by red95gts »

I sold my Teal/Black Cobra about a year ago to finance a new home build and a move for my family. Now that we're settled in the new house, the time has come to replace the Cobra. I decided this time I wanted something with some power and after months of looking, picked up this today:

93 LX Hatch
2-owner (Georgia & Oklahoma)
Reef Blue / Opal Grey Cloth
81K original miles

SVO Block / 331ci stroker
Ported TFS TWs
Edelbrock Intake
Procharger P600B Intercooled kit
Tremec TKO
Built rear

It needs a little TLC but is amazingly clean. I've got a few projects to do to get it truly roadworthy, but I'm looking forward to putting some miles on it this spring.

Just thought I'd share...I don't think the Cobra can really be replaced, but this is pretty close!
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

nice , just throw some of the cobra replica rims on it , since they are the best looking fox wheels ford made.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

looks clean, i would leave it as it. nice pick up!
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

Looks good! Was probably a little easier on the budget though.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

Thanks! Yes, it was considerably easier on the wallet than a Cobra.

Funny story - The car has been in Oklahoma since 1994 and from what little I gather was mostly stock until about 10 years ago. The build started at that point and like most projects, the car did a lot of sitting around over the next decade, thus the low miles. The car was sold 2 months ago to a local college student who just wanted a fast car. He is a foreign student from a Middle Eastern country and BARELY speaks English. Just trying to meet the guy to look at the car took about a dozen phone calls and 50+ text messages because of the language barrier.

This kid had ordered a bunch of "racing" stickers off the internet and plastered both quarter windows and half the back glass. There literally must have been 30 stickers on the windows. Most of the stickers didn't even make any sense (i.e. TCI sticker on a manual tranny car), but were on there anyway. Really made the car look tacky. I was embarrassed to drive it the three miles from his house to mine. Needless to say, the razor blade scraper came out with the quickness. lol

My guess is that when the kid saw the heater core starting to leak, he freaked out and wanted it gone. He took a $3K loss on the car, based on what he claims to have paid. I'm still working to find the original owner and get a detailed mod list, but hopefully that won't take too long...
-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

looks nice, funny story regarding the stickers.. can we see an engine pic?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Always like that color.
Love the chrome ponies.
buddha

Post by buddha »

Nice!
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
drtymike

Post by drtymike »

Looks good, I bet it will get down the road pretty quick with what's under the hood.
buddha

Post by buddha »

I just looked at what's under the hood. Does the blower have the revised bracket on it? It should be a multi plate setup, and not a cast piece.

The PB600 was my first blower. Good blower, bad supporting hardware that came in the kit. If everything is right, that setup won't have any problems making 600rwhp assuming it's the 17/14 psi kit.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
red95gts

Post by red95gts »

I'm honestly not sure. All my blower experience is with Vortechs and Paxtons so I'm new to the Procharger thing. Do these pictures help?

-Darrell

2003 BMW M3 Coupe
93 Cobra #199 - SOLD
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Nice ride!

You do know you lost 10 horse power for every sticker you removed, don't you! :lol: :lol:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Love the ponies! Looks like my first ever 5.0, a 92 lx
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
buddha

Post by buddha »

red95gts wrote:I'm honestly not sure. All my blower experience is with Vortechs and Paxtons so I'm new to the Procharger thing. Do these pictures help?
That's the cast single piece, though that one looks to be a bit beefier than the original. Looks from the belt wear it seems to holding so far. The problem is that cast piece flexes......a lot. Throw belts, trying to shim with washers......it can get pretty ugly. Here is an old post I Googled, in which I just happened to replied too:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superch ... wners.html

It shows the plate system they used to replace the cast version. I believe there were still issues with alignment with this setup also, but not nearly as much.

Also, watch the tensioner on that setup. It has no stop so it's able to travel over center, slamming the pulley right into your PS pulley. So long as you keep a short enough belt on it that doesn't stretch, you should be OK.

Not trying to freak you out or anything, I just had a lot of experience with that particular setup.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and ditch the dryer hose first chance you get! :wink:
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

buddha wrote:Oh, and do yourself a favor and ditch the dryer hose first chance you get! :wink:
x2, you may even see upwards to 1lb of boost increase with the correct size inlet tube.