Posissibly another dead one....

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Rolltide,
Really sorry to see that happen. Hope your OK. Man that sucks. What a nice car too. What a shame, you had some cool memories with that car from the wedding pictures that were bad a$$ that you shared with us also.
black93svt

Post by black93svt »

That sucks man. I feel for you. Glad you are ok.
93 Cobra Teal #574 Sold
93 Cobra Black #3503 Sold

Looking for one again!
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

wow! such a nice looking ride - glad you are ok!!!! Sucks.....
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Very sorry to see that Rolltide. That nobody got hurt other than being shaken up is by far the most important part. The car can and will be replaced, and all will be back to the way it was. I'll be looking forward to your upcoming "Hey guys, here's my new one" thread.

-Mike S.
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Thanks for all the wishes guys, I'm getting a little worried the more I talk to people that it might get fixed. Haven't heard form their insurance yet about getting it towed to a body shop but my neighbor is a long time paint and body guy and he said it might be close. I really have my doubts with the right rear panel being so folded but I would really not be happy if it got fixed and I didn't get either paid or another one. I just don't want the car after that kind of fix.
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
buddha

Post by buddha »

RollTide93 wrote:Thanks for all the wishes guys, I'm getting a little worried the more I talk to people that it might get fixed. Haven't heard form their insurance yet about getting it towed to a body shop but my neighbor is a long time paint and body guy and he said it might be close. I really have my doubts with the right rear panel being so folded but I would really not be happy if it got fixed and I didn't get either paid or another one. I just don't want the car after that kind of fix.
Worst case senerio is you get the car back completely fixed and a fresh coat of paint. If it bothers you that much, sell it with the accident history to someone that's not bothered by it and go pick up another one.

With shop rates as they are nowadays, I really doubt your insurance company will fix the car. The parts a cheap enough, but the labor will put it over the top.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

I agree Buddha but I really think I will take a big hit with the history no matter how nice it is. If I do keep it I will be putting it back to as stock as I can, and it will be their insurance that fixes it so I don't know if they don't want to mess with it or just pay me out. I'm gonna talk to the people at the shop it goes to being I know everyone in this town and tell them to high ball the fix
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

buddha wrote:
RollTide93 wrote:Thanks for all the wishes guys, I'm getting a little worried the more I talk to people that it might get fixed. Haven't heard form their insurance yet about getting it towed to a body shop but my neighbor is a long time paint and body guy and he said it might be close. I really have my doubts with the right rear panel being so folded but I would really not be happy if it got fixed and I didn't get either paid or another one. I just don't want the car after that kind of fix.
Worst case senerio is you get the car back completely fixed and a fresh coat of paint. If it bothers you that much, sell it with the accident history to someone that's not bothered by it and go pick up another one.

With shop rates as they are nowadays, I really doubt your insurance company will fix the car. The parts a cheap enough, but the labor will put it over the top.
Im with Buddha on this ^^ I have a friend that runs a body shop and seen some crazy stuff be totaled out cause it would have been too much to repair with an estimate. They generally shoot high on estimates cause insurance cuts their costs when its all said and done. Plus they use aftermarket parts on anything 2 years and older too. With the miles compared to what they will figure for parts and repair, it wont balance out.
93 Black on black sunroof #1835
04 Comp. Orange Coupe #348
93 Reef Blue SSP LX Coupe (SOLD)
91 Wild Strawberry Coupe (SOLD)
93 Teal and Black #1521 (SOLD)
93 Vibrant Red and Leather #3038 (SOLD)
04 Mystichrome Coupe #529 of #1010 (SOLD)
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

I hope you guys are right. I was also told that the insurance company will probably be sending out an adjuster to find out how much it will cost here at my house, wouldn't they want to take it to a shop for their expert opinion?
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

Some insurance company's have their own adjusters to write the estimate, ultimately its your decision to take what they are offering.
jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

RollTide93 wrote:I hope you guys are right. I was also told that the insurance company will probably be sending out an adjuster to find out how much it will cost here at my house, wouldn't they want to take it to a shop for their expert opinion?
Depends on the insurance company. Some require there own adjusters quote it and others just require that you take it to one of their approved body repair shops to get the estimate. Their adjusters are experts as far as they are concerned. But here's the thing with either giving an estimate...thats all it is an esimate. I worked in a bodyshop for many yeas back in the day and I can tell you that 99% of the time a shop starts tearing apart a car that looks like yours the estimate slowly creaps up and up and up.
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Well the adjuster came out today to assess the damage. As soon as the garage door came up he said "they didn't tell me it was a cobra." He owns an 89 GT with a 347 long block in it that is fully built, needless to say I was relieved. He said it would probably be a total loss. He came up with $8k worth of stuff before body work estimate and paint. He also said they would be looking for a minimum of 10 cars comperable to mine for sale and they would take the average of the "asking price" and offering me that. So keep the prices up and I will be looking for a teal or black sooner than later.
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

RollTide93 wrote:Well the adjuster came out today to assess the damage. As soon as the garage door came up he said "they didn't tell me it was a cobra." He owns an 89 GT with a 347 long block in it that is fully built, needless to say I was relieved. He said it would probably be a total loss. He came up with $8k worth of stuff before body work estimate and paint. He also said they would be looking for a minimum of 10 cars comperable to mine for sale and they would take the average of the "asking price" and offering me that. So keep the prices up and I will be looking for a teal or black sooner than later.
That sounds promising. Glad to hear he knew what a cobra was.
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
WillyB93

Post by WillyB93 »

RollTide93 wrote:Well the adjuster came out today to assess the damage. As soon as the garage door came up he said "they didn't tell me it was a cobra." He owns an 89 GT with a 347 long block in it that is fully built, needless to say I was relieved. He said it would probably be a total loss. He came up with $8k worth of stuff before body work estimate and paint. He also said they would be looking for a minimum of 10 cars comperable to mine for sale and they would take the average of the "asking price" and offering me that. So keep the prices up and I will be looking for a teal or black sooner than later.
If you settle for a higher mileage there are several good buys out there. Stay firm and get what you want, even if it takes longer to do so. Did you ask about buying it back?
buddha

Post by buddha »

You should come out OK on that then, since I see very few cars with that sort of mileage under $10k.

Did you guys talk buy-back?
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP