Posissibly another dead one....

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

buddha

Post by buddha »

RollTide93 wrote:Buddha I don't plan on rebuilding it and am not 100% sure if I want to part it out, I wanted the car because it was so cheap to buy back and I don't want it going to just any old yard for scrap, maybe I'll hang on to it for a little while or sell it to someone on here preferably who might want to either put it back together or part it out, I'm not really sure yet
I'd look at it like this. Start adding up all the parts and see what you think they are worth on the open market. You've got a LOT of really good parts there. Entire drivetrain, interior, wheels, glass.....you get the picture. Don't overlook even the emissions and odds and end stuff. Even used, the sum of the parts adds up.

After you get your best guesstimate, see if anyone is interested in buying the car whole to fix for the number you calculated. Otherwise you just get somebody coming in with a few more bucks that you paid for it, only to turn around and start selling parts off of it, piece by piece.

I can come up with $2k without even trying.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

lots of labor and space required to part it out , if you arent set up for it..
buddha

Post by buddha »

1993cobra wrote:lots of labor and space required to part it out , if you arent set up for it..
Agreed, but if I see the potential for some extra coin in my pocket, Momma's car is going to sit in the driveway for a while.........lol!

It kinda depends on how far you want to go with the strip/partout. Down to the shell, or just grabbing the big stuff.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Ya you guys hit in on the head, if I do a total tear down the wife's honda would sit outside and that's not a good idea if you know what I mean.
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

Thanks for the info. buddha I had no idea what it would be worth in this condition
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

i might be interested in a few items.. :wink:
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
JohnLynch

Post by JohnLynch »

AT11 wrote:That sucks man. Sorry to hear about the bad luck. This same exact thing almost happenend to me about two weeks ago while cruising my 91 coupe. I saw a Tahoe approaching me at a fairly high speed in my rearview while I was stopped in traffic. I knew it was approaching way too fast to stop in time. Its funny it never crossed my mind that I could get hurt, the only thing I thought to myself is someone is about to total my coupe. I looked for a place to go forward but there was nothing and I didn't have enough time anyway. I said well here it is, this is really going to happen, so I just held on tight and awaited the impact. All of this happened in about 2-3 seconds but it felt longer than that. The last time I looked in the mirror I remember hearing the brakes squeal on the Tahoe and seeing the front end drop and roll to one side. She saw me just in time and slid/steered past me on the right side and actually stopped a car length or so ahead of me on the side of the road. Scared the hell out of me. I think it scared her even more though. Funny thing is she followed me all the way home to apologize and it turned out to be a friend of mines wife.
Notchbacks are distracting!
93 Cobra Teal/Gray #3223 -Stock (Borla catback)

*various other 93 cobras, #15, #4105, #2587, #539
#2381, #4724, #298, #1153 RIP
AT11

Post by AT11 »

JohnLynch wrote:
AT11 wrote:That sucks man. Sorry to hear about the bad luck. This same exact thing almost happenend to me about two weeks ago while cruising my 91 coupe. I saw a Tahoe approaching me at a fairly high speed in my rearview while I was stopped in traffic. I knew it was approaching way too fast to stop in time. Its funny it never crossed my mind that I could get hurt, the only thing I thought to myself is someone is about to total my coupe. I looked for a place to go forward but there was nothing and I didn't have enough time anyway. I said well here it is, this is really going to happen, so I just held on tight and awaited the impact. All of this happened in about 2-3 seconds but it felt longer than that. The last time I looked in the mirror I remember hearing the brakes squeal on the Tahoe and seeing the front end drop and roll to one side. She saw me just in time and slid/steered past me on the right side and actually stopped a car length or so ahead of me on the side of the road. Scared the hell out of me. I think it scared her even more though. Funny thing is she followed me all the way home to apologize and it turned out to be a friend of mines wife.
Notchbacks are distracting!
LOL! Yes, mine usually is!
1991 Titanium Frost coupe, 331 Stroker
1993 SVT Cobra #199, Teal/Black - SOLD
93 Reef Blue Coupe 441 RWHP, 404RWTQ - SOLD
1990 SSP coupe, Ex Arizona DPS - SOLD
Untamed

Post by Untamed »

I would NOT part it out. The qtr and buckles should come out after they do all the body pulls, qtr still will need a lot of body work, but repairable. Also front core support may pull, but hard to say without pictures. I'm an adjuster or you ins company out here in Houston. Not to many cobras left.
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

It would be a lot quicker, and much better to replace the quarter panel, I am not a big fan of lot of body filler. I don't think it's going to get parted out.
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

Ah ****, didn't see this thread till now. :(

Sorry to hear about the cobra man. Hopefully somewhere here has the time and skills to put it back to how it should be.
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
SPEEDFREEK

Post by SPEEDFREEK »

You saving another one stiles?
89 Saleen SSC #168 10k miles
90 Saleen Vert #93 26k miles
92 Cobra Prototype 8k miles
93 Cobra #3032 Teal/gray cloth 6k miles
93 Cobra #3620 Black/Gray leather 12k miles
93 Cobra #4993 Teal/Gray Leather
93 Yellow SE 5spd, 4k miles
93 5.0 coupe 19k miles
94 GT 7k miles
92 25th 1LE Z28 900 miles
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

[/img]Image

Sad day! Atleast it's not getting parted out.
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

Yes it is and yes very cool its not getting parted. Wish we could have worked something out but it's going to a good home. So.....got anything lined up to stick in the garage?
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

with the lay-off in october I really can't pull the trigger on anything right now but if a job comes up I have my eye on a car for sure.
-Brian-
93 SVT #1809 SOLD