20k miles Cobra. Body work before and after!

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

RollTide93

Post by RollTide93 »

It is yours but like the panel says keep all the original stuff. These cars are classic due to there factory design, anyone can throw a body kit on a mustang but the cobra look is the way it was meant to look. looks like a very nice car though and I hope you have fun with it. Oh and just know for future reference that most of the guys on here like a stock or very close to stock looking cobra so don't take it personally if your customizations are not well received. Please keep posting throwing up your pics.
-Brian-
93 SVT #15 (pre-production)
93 SVT #1809 SOLD

This is how we chill from 93 till.....
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

yeah man, have fun with it!!! look at me, i have a signed dash.. 8)
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
BrettT

Post by BrettT »

dbrennancobra wrote:yeah man, have fun with it!!! look at me, i have a signed dash.. 8)
I agree on having fun, especially in these times. HOWEVER! as I was surprised, speechless in my first posting on this topic and I dont' like to criticize. You just don't do this to a 93 cobra with 20k on the clock. You just don't! There's plenty of worn out drivers available for such a mod and to have fun with. Let alone gt's and lx's by the thousands.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Drive the hell out of it! enjoy the car, and turn it back to stock later. HELL, maybe your smarter than us all, and enjoy the car, then when your ready to sell, put the OEM bumper back on with ZERO rock chips! :P
Pokerninja

Post by Pokerninja »

I've wanted this car for as long as I can remember. I also had a 93 GT (sold two years ago) and wasn't able to get up to where I wanted it at the time. I totally realize that changing the stock look may seem to diminish the quality of the car for some - but for me - It's more important to pursue my own unique vision of what the car can look/drive like. I also plan on making extensive mods under the hood. Not to say that 235 hp isn't good but how about 650+ or 800+? I look at moding the exterior in the same way. These are changes that increase the enjoyment of the car for me. Thanks for the comments and feedback. I appreciate all of your opinions and will continue to post when the tires/rims/suspension gets finished in the next few months. :D
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

So why not buy a high mileage nice car to mod/destroy! sorry but you did ask for our opinions on the build. So many nice Original cars end up hacked up it isn't funny. But what the heck it makes our's worth more I guess. I truly hate the stalker nose, and the hood on the car, the OEM stuff looks 100% better!
Pokerninja

Post by Pokerninja »

@ aaron. thanks for your feedback but tell me how you really feel!! haha

all good man. I'm not keeping this car in stock condition so it holds value, nor do i ever plan on selling it. I got a low mileage cobra for a couple reasons:

1. I don't have to spend any money/time fixing anything or guessing at what needs replacing/ has been changed by the previous owner. Its basically new so everything is already in great condition and I can move on to making improvements from a clean slate. Time = money. id rather spend that on mods than repairs.

2. The cobra internals are much more prepared to handle the increased horsepower than the GT version.

Stock is cool for resale but wheres the personality? Why should every cobra look the same? Personal enjoyment > re-sale value. imo.
Kevins89notch5.0

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

Sorry, but in my opinion, the car looks horrible now. :cry:
** 89 LX 5.0 ** Currently in hibernation
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Congrats, man, you can be different... just like this guy!!!

Now just grease up the back like he did, and you can see the direction you plan on going, right down to the fly-azz deep dish ghetto rollers. Fuckyah!!!!!

But one problem. 18s? Babyass shizz. 20s, BEYOTCH!!!1!!1!!! Pull it into the show, dump the bags, slam it on the cats, and wait for the honeys to offer it all up.

Just doin' your thing, personalizing your whip, going for the timeless early-2000's Jerzy Shore spray-tanned Guido look. Don't forget to load the door pockets with hair care products. Let the haterzzz hate!!

But one more thing, black? Blah. Played, man. Starz'n'barzzzzzz!!!!!!11!!!I!!one!

And when you lose interest in it for the inevitable BMW 3 series or Lancer Evo, there's always craigslist to offload it. Ready for race, show, drift, or parts!!!!!

-MJS
jstanley55

Post by jstanley55 »

Please tell me that American flag Cobra is wrapped and not painted...please...
#4993 Teal/Leather
#168 '89 Saleen SSC
#1848 Red/Leather (sold)
#4532 Black/Black (sold)
93 Venom

Post by 93 Venom »

I just don't have the words to say right now. :shock:
93 cobra #4464 Red / Gray Cloth / Sunroof
2011 GT500 Race Red/ silver strips/ Glassroof
69 vert Mustang Candy apple red / white Top
82 GT T-Tops (SOLD)
91 5.0 LX (SOLD)
04 Mach 1 Screaming Yellow (SOLD)
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

LOL now thats funny shit!

anyways enjoy your car man! its all in the hobby!
Gecko86

Post by Gecko86 »

jstanley55 wrote:Please tell me that American flag Cobra is wrapped and not painted...please...
NO that was paint! :shock:
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Gecko86 wrote:
jstanley55 wrote:Please tell me that American flag Cobra is wrapped and not painted...please...
NO that was paint! :shock:
sure was, saw it on craigslist last year i think..
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

that red one with the 20s didnt look too bad , maybe just because it was next to all the other monsterous cars, anyway it can be returned to original easily.