Mystic 93

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

aaronlstiles wrote: I have owned at least 50, 93 Cobras, maybe more I lost count, so I am aware of the 93 Cobra Value and market.
Not questioning your knowledge of 93 Cobra values/market. Just expressing another opinion.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

buddha wrote:
aaronlstiles wrote:The point was, he said it could be built for less money, not that it was worth what I had in the car, I did sell it for what I had in the car, and it has sold for over 30K more than once. 3 Times actually,

I have owned at least 50, 93 Cobras, maybe more I lost count, so I am aware of the 93 Cobra Value and market.
Actually, my point was it could be built for the same amount, not less.

What I was trying to say, is when I go looking for a car like this, I want to pay less then what it would cost me to do it myself. That goes for just about anything, not just cars.
I don't see anyone building it for 10K in labor, I sure know I wouldn't do it for 10K. I agree he is asking too much, but you can't build it for what he is asking, not to the caliber that the car is built. Well, originally built. And it now has a whipple SC on it, so that is another 3 to 4K.
buddha

Post by buddha »

aaronlstiles wrote:
buddha wrote:
aaronlstiles wrote:The point was, he said it could be built for less money, not that it was worth what I had in the car, I did sell it for what I had in the car, and it has sold for over 30K more than once. 3 Times actually,

I have owned at least 50, 93 Cobras, maybe more I lost count, so I am aware of the 93 Cobra Value and market.
Actually, my point was it could be built for the same amount, not less.

What I was trying to say, is when I go looking for a car like this, I want to pay less then what it would cost me to do it myself. That goes for just about anything, not just cars.
I don't see anyone building it for 10K in labor, I sure know I wouldn't do it for 10K. I agree he is asking too much, but you can't build it for what he is asking, not to the caliber that the car is built. Well, originally built. And it now has a whipple SC on it, so that is another 3 to 4K.
Probably not, but it all depends on your resources. If you've been in the hobby and know the right people I think it could be done, less the Whipple (forgot that was upgraded) and I wouldn't narrow my choices down to a Mystic Cobra salvage car to save a boat load of cash, though I'm sure it would make things a lot easier.

I doubt you could even find an intact Mystic salvage car. If someone was crazy enough, buy one with more miles on it for $15k and sell it rolling. :shock:
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP
aaronlstiles

Post by aaronlstiles »

Like I said, the normal person would pay way more than 10K in labor to duplicate this car. As for buying a different 03, it really doesn't matter, I was bidding on a 03 Vert last week, with 36K miles hit in front, bad bags, and cooling was shoot, that's another 1200 for those parts, and it sold for over 10K after all the fees, then your looking at another 1000 to ship the car.

If you can do the work your self, that is about the only way you can come out on top.
buddha

Post by buddha »

Well, if anyone can pull $45k out of the car, Darcy can. I exchanged a few emails with him on the red Cobra and I know he pulled some serious coin out of that deal. More power to him I say.
Black/Black 93'
Red 11' GT500 with a VMP