New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

Georgia Snake

New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post by Georgia Snake »

I am new to this site and have been a Mustang enthusiast since 1977. I am on my third Mustang. My current Mustang has an interesting history that I am still sorting out. I may finally have the time very soon to do just that as I am effectively retired and am recovering from a Stroke and a Heart Attack. My Mustang is a 1992 Convertible and is triple black. I show it off regularly throughout the Southeast. Currently I am an Event Coordinator for Elitestangs. If any of you are in or near the Columbus GA area feel free to look me up. I do know there is one 93 Cobra in this area and it is Teal in color. I see it every now and then driving down the road somewhere in this area. I would love to be able to speak to its owner at length. I will post a few photos here for Y'all's enjoyment.

The Snake Bill

Romo93

Re: New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post by Romo93 »

Welcome and nice vert!!
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

Romo93 wrote:Welcome and nice vert!!
X2!!! Love those triple black GT verts!!
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Welcome and nice clean vert. Are your rims from wheel replica?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

Welcome! :beer: Car looks nice! 8)
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

The wheels are Ford and have been on my Mustang since it was new. I have changed very little on my Mustang. The Ram Air hood and induction system was added by the dealership that sold my car new back in 92 and is not a Cervini hood. I am not sure who manufactured it but it does have a part number inscribed into it. The wing is Ford. It is the same unit used on the Limited Editions, 7-Ups and spring time edition convertibles.

The Snake

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Take a pic of the ford code inside rim. How many lug?

Did ford put on those emblems too?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

4 lug when I find my camera I can take a photo with the cap removed. Got to understand, I am recovering from a massive Stroke and Heart Attack. I almost didn't make it. I was working in NC when it happened and spent almost a month in the hospital. My wife packed up the rented condo I was staying in up there and although she remembers packing the camera, she doesn't remember where it may be because she did it quickly. I do have a close up of one of the wheels but the cap is on. I will attach that here on this post for now. Yes the badging has always been on the car. I did have a vandalizing incident on the car back in 2005. I had to have it repainted. I told the guy (who was not a Mustang guy) that did the paint job and repairs to go ahead and replace the badging with new units. I was an airline Flight Mechanic back then and left the car in his care while I was working in Europe and the Middle East. When I came back he was proud to tell me he had "corrected" my backwards snake on the left side, not knowing that it was supposed to be "backwards" as compared to the later Cobras. I just recently recorrected that error. Yes the badging was put on by the dealership as part of the promotion.

The Snake

1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

did the dealer install the wrong seats also? next time you have a wheel off take pics of all the markings on the backside of the spokes,
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

1993cobra wrote:did the dealer install the wrong seats also? next time you have a wheel off take pics of all the markings on the backside of the spokes,
I believe those are the correct seats for a GT.
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

i thought 92 - 93 had no movable knee supports and had hooks for the seatbelts?

here is a 1992

Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

My Mustang is admittedly odd in many respects. Yes it has pre 92 seats. I know the original owner told me since he was a SVT Engineer and therefore an insider he had the dealer install a 3.73 rear gear. I never asked about the seats. I can speculate that he may have preferred those seats. That's hopefully what the Marti Report will tell me. Another thing is it has always had a pre 92 starter on the engine. I have stumbled onto a few oddities like that. U-joints, for example, when I had them replaced. The Mechanic ordered standard 5.0 GT u-joints. They were too small. Seems mine had the larger U-joints. I checked the caps and they were embossed with Ford, so they were OEM. Truthfully I cannot remember removing anything for replacement that wasn't marked Ford. The Hoses I just replaced, OEM, the thermostat, OEM, I just removed the factory spark plugs and plug wires 2 years ago because I was having an idle issue. The car only has approx. 46,000 miles. My Mustang was until very recently obscenely original and stock. I went with the Columbus City Stangz back in 2004 to a dyno day at the big Ford dealership in Atlanta and when it came my turn the dyno mechanic upon looking under my hood exclaimed " Holy cow, I haven't seen one with the factory plug wires in years, what else is original on this...". I have been waiting a good while for the Marti folks to catch up with 1992 so I can solve some of these mysteries myself. So I get all wound up to do all this detective work on it and I have a heart attack and a stroke. I am now recovered enough that I can put my mind to beginning again.

The Snake

BrettT

Post by BrettT »

Glad I went to the store last night and grabed extra :pop: :drinks:
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

im headed to the store now Brett!
Georgia Snake