New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

1993cobra
Site Admin

Re: New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post by 1993cobra »

Yeah , I noticed a couple of the nuts aren't on many threads.
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

I saw that and I did put my torque wrench on them. Those are taller nuts so the stud appears to be shorter. However, longer studs are on my to do list. Technically the stud should protrude at least about 2 threads worth of extension beyond the top of the nut. Thanks for the observation but it was already noted.

The Snake

1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

did you have to cut a wheel lock off or what? i see the smut around the lug nut.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Georgia Snake wrote:not taking a wheel off just for a photo. I will keep my camera handy and should I have to go to a shop for any reason and have the wheels removed I will take a photo then. I do not have the stamina anymore to do much of my own work on the car. I just went to a Cruise-in and it about winded me something terrible to do a little spot wax job on my Mustang. Those numbers in the photo do show that the wheels are the Ford Cobra wheels and not the aftermarket reproductions. The Mustang is going back into storage tomorrow until I get it out for the Toys for Tots show in Enterprise Alabama on 12/14. Then it goes back into storage until things warm up good again in the spring. I don't do as well as I used to do since I had my stroke and heart attack. I just recently refound my camera.

The Snake

Not being a wise ass here... But if your so concered about the history and status of this cars information wouldn't you do whatever to obtain more information? Ie taking off rims to see if its predates 93? And Marti report- where is it?
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Db, Just curious here, how old are you? Again, I have had a heart attack and a stroke recently. I take it you have not ever had a heart attack and/or a stroke. I don't have the stamina I used to have. It would be a great effort for me to jack my Mustang up to pull wheels off just to satisfy others besides me. I AM SURE OF THINGS. I would be pulling the wheels to satisfy others and not me. Like I said before I now have my camera handy. If I should take my Mustang for work that involves removing the wheels AT A SHOP, I will take the photos then. I have not had the time to send away for the Marti Report. At this point I may wait until after Christmas. I do have Holiday things involving family to attend to. Not that its any of your business but I have 9 Grand kids to buy for and to socialize with as well. As you can see, I did remember to post the photos I did post as I said I would. I had not forgotten. I do tend to be a follow through person. I have a pet peeve with people that don't follow through when they said they would without offering very good reasons why they could not. I have a multitude of holiday things coming up as well as many Dr. appointments coming up in Dec. to attend to my health concerns. You were being a smart ass. I had already explained what I once again repeated here why I could not and would not be removing the wheels anytime soon. If you could just see and experience my breathing issues and fatigue problems I now have then you would comprehend why I just cannot just do things I used to do like pulling wheels for like say to rotate them myself like I would have done in the past. I wish I could. I just cannot do it since my heart attack/stroke.

The Snake

escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

Georgia Snake wrote:Db, Just curious here, how old are you? You were being a smart ass.
The Snake
:pop: LMAO
'85GT Bright Atlantic Blue (K7)
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
'93COBRA #1521 Teal/Black (RD) SOLD
'93COBRA #163 Black/Gray leather (UA) M.I.A.
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

93, no I did not have to cut anything. Seems like the last time I had the wheels/tires off in a shop for rotation or tire changethey had misplaced 2 nuts and replaced what was missing with a "taller" nut. Nothing wrong with the studs that are there. Since those 2 nuts are actually taller than the regular nuts it gives the illusion that 2 studs are shorter. I may go get 2 regular nuts and then the studs will be flush with the tops like on the other 2 studs on that wheel. I do also realize that I should really get some studs that are like one length longer that what is currently there so that I can have the technically required "by the book" two thread minimum protrusion over the top of the nuts.

The Snake

1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

i was talking about the smoke stains around the nut .
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Escogt, I like how you edit and take things out of context. If you wanted to make a point why didn't you quote or copy and paste verbatim the way I wrote it.

The Snake

Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

93, that's brake dust. I had to rag wipe the dust away so the numbers on the wheel were more clearly ledgable.

The Snake

escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

Georgia Snake wrote:Escogt, I like how you edit and take things out of context. If you wanted to make a point why didn't you quote or copy and paste verbatim the way I wrote it.

The Snake
That is what you wrote. I didn't write that. This is a public forum & I am not breaking any of the site's rules. If you don't like it well, tough shit.
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
bdecoy

Post by bdecoy »

Georgia snake why haven't you answered the ? ( your car was totaled in 94 question ). Rebuilt title,salvaged title whatever you want to call it. Btw police report says the car flipped. Hence wrong seats, spoiler, hood, wheels, u joints. He rolled it man!!!!! :bash:
#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

ok Escogt I did write that, you are right, but you edited it and because of that took it out of context. This is what I wrote, in the order that I wrote it:

Db, Just curious here, how old are you? Again, I have had a heart attack and a stroke recently. I take it you have not ever had a heart attack and/or a stroke. I don't have the stamina I used to have. It would be a great effort for me to jack my Mustang up to pull wheels off just to satisfy others besides me. I AM SURE OF THINGS. I would be pulling the wheels to satisfy others and not me. Like I said before I now have my camera handy. If I should take my Mustang for work that involves removing the wheels AT A SHOP, I will take the photos then. I have not had the time to send away for the Marti Report. At this point I may wait until after Christmas. I do have Holiday things involving family to attend to. Not that its any of your business but I have 9 Grand kids to buy for and to socialize with as well. As you can see, I did remember to post the photos I did post as I said I would. I had not forgotten. I do tend to be a follow through person. I have a pet peeve with people that don't follow through when they said they would without offering very good reasons why they could not. I have a multitude of holiday things coming up as well as many Dr. appointments coming up in Dec. to attend to my health concerns. You were being a smart ass. I had already explained what I once again repeated here why I could not and would not be removing the wheels anytime soon. If you could just see and experience my breathing issues and fatigue problems I now have then you would comprehend why I just cannot just do things I used to do like pulling wheels for like say to rotate them myself like I would have done in the past. I wish I could. I just cannot do it since my heart attack/stroke.

That is a big difference from your edit and out of context form of this:

Db, Just curious here, how old are you? You were being a smart ass.
The Snake

There is a big difference in the meaning of the only 2 sentences you quoted if one takes into consideration the whole context of what I wrote.

The Snake

escogt
Fox Mustang Enthusiast

Post by escogt »

Georgia Snake wrote:ok Escogt I did write that, you are right, but you edited it and because of that took it out of context. This is what I wrote, in the order that I wrote it:

That is a big difference from your edit and out of context form of this:

Db, Just curious here, how old are you? You were being a smart ass.
The Snake

There is a big difference in the meaning of the only 2 sentences you quoted if one takes into consideration the whole context of what I wrote.

The Snake

Whatever... :wank:
'92LX Bimini Blue (K3)
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Bd, I did answer you. The Mustang was stolen from the original owner at one point. I knew about that. I don't know what "police report" you are referring to. The Mustang was not driven much by the original owner and was stolen, partially stripped, and recovered. He sat on it in that condition for a while, hence the 10,200 miles on it when I bought it after Mr. Kogar restored it. Mr Kogar was a stickler for detail. Everything he replaced on my Mustang was from Ford. Everything he replaced was to replace what was missing with its exact same part. That's how he was. When I bought it I actually waited 2 and a half weeks to take possession of it because he was waiting on the exact same radio that my Mustang was supposed to have. It came with the AM/FM Cassette Radio Premium Sound option with the 7 band EQ. Those are a bit hard to come by. I know because I have had to repace it once myself because the one in it when I bought it began to have problems and I did not want to upgrade to aftermarket and give someone a reason to break in to my Mustang to steal it. My Mustang has never been in an accident either since I bought it or before I bought it. It does have a history of theft. Stolen from the original owner, broken into right after I bought it in 98 and broke into again in Atlanta when I made the mistake of driving it to a Braves game.

The Snake