New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Re: New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post by Z282SLO »

I love a good mystery. The Loch Ness Monster, The Abominable Snowman, The Bermuda Triangle ... and the 1992 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible!
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

Georgia Snake wrote:Come on guys I am trying to be very serious and honest here

The Snake
On that note, let me be serious and honest for a moment and ask a question -

The clearly doctored SVT Certificate for your car has the following VIN -
1FACP44E1NF161909

If you know Mustangs, you know that P44 was the designation for an LX convertible and E was the designation for the 5.0L H.O. V8 used in the LXs and GTs, not the Cobra and Cobra R engine which had a "D" code.

What do you really think the long-awaited Marti report is going to tell you when you submit that VIN?

Of course, I'm making an assumption that I probably shouldn't considering all I've read in the last day - I'm assuming that the VIN on the "SVT Certificate" is the same as the VIN stamped in various places on your actual car.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

93svt#2779 wrote:
1993cobra wrote:did the dealer install the wrong seats also? next time you have a wheel off take pics of all the markings on the backside of the spokes,
I believe those are the correct seats for a GT.
1993cobra wrote:i thought 92 - 93 had no movable knee supports and had hooks for the seatbelts?
Admin is correct. The movable knee supports on the articulated seats were only used from 87-91.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Z282SLO wrote:
Georgia Snake wrote:Come on guys I am trying to be very serious and honest here

The Snake
On that note, let me be serious and honest for a moment and ask a question -

The clearly doctored SVT Certificate for your car has the following VIN -
1FACP44E1NF161909

If you know Mustangs, you know that P44 was the designation for an LX convertible and E was the designation for the 5.0L H.O. V8 used in the LXs and GTs, not the Cobra and Cobra R engine which had a "D" code.

What do you really think the long-awaited Marti report is going to tell you when you submit that VIN?

Of course, I'm making an assumption that I probably shouldn't considering all I've read in the last day - I'm assuming that the VIN on the "SVT Certificate" is the same as the VIN stamped in various places on your actual car.
Agreed on the above.

My 67 sport sprint, just turned into a gt500kr last night.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
bdecoy

Post by bdecoy »

This car was totaled in 94. :twak:

#1571 teal/blk stock 7k
#1547 blk/blk stock 19k
Sold:2946 1521 1447
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

Well I'm not gonna be shy I'll tell you its all made up. I'm sure its a good car, but everything about it looks like a 17 year old got ahold of it , and no matter what you say is wrong about it , he comes up with a long excuse as to why. But hey we all need something to believe in, easterbunney, tooth fairy, cupacabre......
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

bdecoy wrote:This car was totaled in 94. :twak:

The mystery is apparently solved. A 92 LX vert was totaled in 94/95 and apparently rebuilt as a GT w/an induction hood and some Cobra wheels and snake badges. Based on the current pics, at least the rebuild was done very well.

On a side note - this is why the 1993 Cobra Registry is so good. This was figured out in 2 pages. (Nice work, bdecoy!) What the heck happened on SVTP?!? ;)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

Z282SLO wrote:
93svt#2779 wrote:
1993cobra wrote:did the dealer install the wrong seats also? next time you have a wheel off take pics of all the markings on the backside of the spokes,
I believe those are the correct seats for a GT.
1993cobra wrote:i thought 92 - 93 had no movable knee supports and had hooks for the seatbelts?
Admin is correct. The movable knee supports on the articulated seats were only used from 87-91.

Thanks for the clarification guys! :beer:
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

That explains it. It's a rebuild. Let me guess Georgia snake, you owned it since 98 and was told it was a cobra promo?
Last edited by dbrennancobra on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
408lx

Post by 408lx »

Come on guys, I believe it!!! I bought this one from the original owner that worked for ford. :shock:
92 GT white on grey leather
89 LX notch black on grey 408ci efi
93 Cobra red on leather #468
Romo93

Post by Romo93 »

Wow...... :sorry:

Hopefully you are just someone that is trying to have a little fun stirring shit up on the internet and not serious!! :spank:
1993 Black / Black Cobra #3929. V3 with a couple bolt-ons - 63,000 miles and counting....
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

dbrennancobra wrote:That explains it. It's a rebuild. Let me guess Georgia snake, you owned it since 98 and was told it was a cobra promo?
There were several posts in the SVTP thread by Georgia and others wondering what happened to this car between 92 and when Georgia purchased it in 98. It was mentioned that perhaps the car was driven on dealer plates and never titled. I'm guessing Georgia can't be very pleased with this new info.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

Georgia snake told me , that he checked out the Carfax and that the car was used for a factory crash test after the promotion, and that it sustained very little damage because of the special high strength bumpers that ford was developing for military use. It was repainted just to freshen it up.
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

1993cobra wrote:Georgia snake told me , that he checked out the Carfax and that the car was used for a factory crash test after the promotion, and that it sustained very little damage because of the special high strength bumpers that ford was developing for military use. It was repainted just to freshen it up.
Oh my god...... Unreal. but really... i have read SO many magazines, books, articles, etc about mustangs, and this car and its history is .... NOT TO BE FOUND. :pat:

:alcoholic: my 67 sports sprint is now an official GT500KR (NOT A CLONE)... anyone want to discuss the possibilities of this happening? Some guy at the ford dealership also heard of this happening before.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

dbrennancobra wrote: my 67 sports sprint is now an official GT500KR (NOT A CLONE)... anyone want to discuss the possibilities of this happening? Some guy at the ford dealership also heard of this happening before.
Can't pull a fast one on this registry DB! You're likely to have a more lively discussion on one of those other websites. :mrgreen: ;)

One other thing ... it's quite telling that Georgia has no response to the latest info posted here or to Speed's calling him out on the "Anything Goes" thread about his changing posts about seeing/not seeing that other car.
03 COBRA Black with VMP