New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

Goose1150

Re: New to the Registry from Columbus GA

Post by Goose1150 »

Gentlemen, I don't post too much and I've only been a member for a short while so I may not have seniority but I really want to just say a few words about this thread. Georgia Snake definitely has quite an interesting car to say the least obviously judging by all the feedback he's been getting from his original post. I realize that some of you would like to authenticate or discredit his story but is it really worth all the energy and humiliation. In the end, he's still a mustang enthusiast who takes pride in his car just like the rest of us and regardless of what, it is a nice car. He himself has stated that he would refer to his car as a "Mustang" to avoid future arguments or discussions so with that being said, can we just drop that subject and move on. I really enjoy this registry because all of you are very knowledgeable in everything there is to know about Cobras and Mustangs and I think it's convenient to just log on, ask a question and get an intelligent answer. I understand both points but I must say without any exaggeration that I have boasted to family and friends about this website and I would hate for one of them or anyone else to log on one day and feel that this is more of a bashing site than an actual Cobra site. As an actual Cobra owner I take pride in this website and I appreciate all the time and effort that was put into creating it by the administrators and all involved. I hope that I am not out of line, I just want to see this site go back to what it was intended for....the 1993 MUSTANG COBRA.

Georgia Snake: I hope and pray your health gets better and maybe one day we can cross paths. Until then, Cruise on!!!
93 Cobra
Black/Black
43K miles and counting
No major mods just exhaust (can't be without the rumble):
pretty much all original
93svt#2779

Post by 93svt#2779 »

escogt wrote:
Georgia Snake wrote:ok Escogt I did write that, you are right, but you edited it and because of that took it out of context. This is what I wrote, in the order that I wrote it:

Db, Just curious here, how old are you? Again, I have had a heart attack and a stroke recently. I take it you have not ever had a heart attack and/or a stroke. I don't have the stamina I used to have. It would be a great effort for me to jack my Mustang up to pull wheels off just to satisfy others besides me. I AM SURE OF THINGS. I would be pulling the wheels to satisfy others and not me. Like I said before I now have my camera handy. If I should take my Mustang for work that involves removing the wheels AT A SHOP, I will take the photos then. I have not had the time to send away for the Marti Report. At this point I may wait until after Christmas. I do have Holiday things involving family to attend to. Not that its any of your business but I have 9 Grand kids to buy for and to socialize with as well. As you can see, I did remember to post the photos I did post as I said I would. I had not forgotten. I do tend to be a follow through person. I have a pet peeve with people that don't follow through when they said they would without offering very good reasons why they could not. I have a multitude of holiday things coming up as well as many Dr. appointments coming up in Dec. to attend to my health concerns. You were being a smart ass. I had already explained what I once again repeated here why I could not and would not be removing the wheels anytime soon. If you could just see and experience my breathing issues and fatigue problems I now have then you would comprehend why I just cannot just do things I used to do like pulling wheels for like say to rotate them myself like I would have done in the past. I wish I could. I just cannot do it since my heart attack/stroke.

That is a big difference from your edit and out of context form of this:

Db, Just curious here, how old are you? You were being a smart ass.
The Snake

There is a big difference in the meaning of the only 2 sentences you quoted if one takes into consideration the whole context of what I wrote.

The Snake

Whatever... :wank:

:lol: MAO!!!
#2779 Black/Grey 167k
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

honestly i don't know how to respond... all i did was ask a simple question, and i didn't say you had to take them off... (son could help?, friend? brother? next door neighbor? etc, etc etc.). Just saying if i had a car that i was sure it has the possibility to be a "SPECIAL" car, i would do everything in my power to do the research.. (IE Like speeds REAL Proto.. i would take off the back wheels to find if the same markings is as that of the video i just posted to see if a famous racer actually drove my car).

that's an example.

now for you to comment on my age? whats that about? again simply stating a fact and wanted to see if we can find out more info on your car. BUT everything that might show any possibility of digging more into your car, it seems you avoid. Im sure members and other forums we can pull tons of examples... but i wont go there.

my point is... how long does it take to do a marti report submission? 2 minutes? all it takes is typing on a keyboard, and i see you can do that..

sorry for the wise ass response, but i think you saw that coming. :bash:

OH AND I DID WISH YOU TO GET BETTER FOR YOUR HEALTH IN PREVIOUS POSTINGS - BTW.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

its not the time DB , he doesn't have the moolah , he is saving his cash for Christmas gifts. Perhaps we could pitch in and order the marti as a Christmas gift?
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

^^^

If that Marti report shows anything other than a 1992 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible for that VIN number, the report is on me.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

Db here is the thing. I don't have all that many such resources around here. My son lives in Charleston SC. My stepson lives here but works 2 jobs and is not mechanically inclined. I have always worked away from home so most of my friends don't live close by. Most are fellow Mustangers but do not live in Columbus GA. Yes money is tight right now. I am not working anymore. I have not been released by my Dr to resume work. Meanwhile I am also going through the motions of qualifying for a disability if I can and that takes time. I was about to send off for the Marti Report in July when I had the Heart Attack and Stroke. I was in the hospital from July 28 until Aug 23. Now because of my health as you can imagine, yes some of the details and mysteries about my Mustang are still important to me, but other things have had to take over in importance. The Marti Report will come, but right now I do have more important things to do. Db, sorry too if I said anything out of line myself. The whole age thing I brought up only because I wanted you to momentarily walk in my shoes. Forget it, the comment was poorly phrased. You know, if you were around here I would find a way to let you go all over my Mustang. We could pull the wheels together if you wanted to, its just a bit much for me to do myself right now in my current condition. Have a good Holiday.

The Snake

dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

Georgia Snake wrote:Db here is the thing. I don't have all that many such resources around here. My son lives in Charleston SC. My stepson lives here but works 2 jobs and is not mechanically inclined. I have always worked away from home so most of my friends don't live close by. Most are fellow Mustangers but do not live in Columbus GA. Yes money is tight right now. I am not working anymore. I have not been released by my Dr to resume work. Meanwhile I am also going through the motions of qualifying for a disability if I can and that takes time. I was about to send off for the Marti Report in July when I had the Heart Attack and Stroke. I was in the hospital from July 28 until Aug 23. Now because of my health as you can imagine, yes some of the details and mysteries about my Mustang are still important to me, but other things have had to take over in importance. The Marti Report will come, but right now I do have more important things to do. Db, sorry too if I said anything out of line myself. The whole age thing I brought up only because I wanted you to momentarily walk in my shoes. Forget it, the comment was poorly phrased. You know, if you were around here I would find a way to let you go all over my Mustang. We could pull the wheels together if you wanted to, its just a bit much for me to do myself right now in my current condition. Have a good Holiday.

The Snake

well said. you bet i would jack that thing up. im a mustang fanatic.. i have been for many many years. (23 years to be exact). Btw I'm 31.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]