Mill Creek Mafia official introduction

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

Mill Creek Mafia

Post by Mill Creek Mafia »

yeah i said above i blew 2,3,4 cylinders on the passanger side lol. nothing like crapping out 3/4 the way down the track and still going 11.60 @ 123... once i get a boost controller that actually controls boost i'll be in business. unfortunately the track has closed this past weekend so it will have to wait until next season. I am going to do some thing here over the winter... mainly get my dynomax ultraflow welded power 3" mufflers and 3" tail pipes put on. I have a few motors lying around included another low 11 second 306 i had in my LX. I'm not sure but i might put it in the car at some point. Depending on if i sell this other new turbo kit i ended up with, i might put it on the car if it doesn't sell, since i'm getting the car freshly painted.. might be half show worthy if that's the case.
-billy
HP Turbo 93 Cobra #3193
soon to be black again :)
big frank

Post by big frank »

Mill Creek Mafia wrote:yeah i said above i blew 2,3,4 cylinders on the passanger side lol. nothing like crapping out 3/4 the way down the track and still going 11.60 @ 123... once i get a boost controller that actually controls boost i'll be in business. unfortunately the track has closed this past weekend so it will have to wait until next season. I am going to do some thing here over the winter... mainly get my dynomax ultraflow welded power 3" mufflers and 3" tail pipes put on. I have a few motors lying around included another low 11 second 306 i had in my LX. I'm not sure but i might put it in the car at some point. Depending on if i sell this other new turbo kit i ended up with, i might put it on the car if it doesn't sell, since i'm getting the car freshly painted.. might be half show worthy if that's the case.
Sweet! Sounds like you have a hold on what it takes to make an 11 second Mustang. Do you build your own engines?
93 Cobra, Kenne Bell 2.1L, 42# injectors, 76mm C&L MAF and inlet tube, MM sub frames & K-brace, Hurst SST shifter, Moates QuarterHorse, DataQ, BE/EA tuning software, Flowmaster cat backs, Autometer gauges.

68 Shelby GT-350 in restoration
93COBRAinAZ

Post by 93COBRAinAZ »

Good start but definitely have some tuning to do. Should go mid much faster with that setup.
1993 COBRA #4975
Teal/Black cloth
Mill Creek Mafia

Post by Mill Creek Mafia »

Yes, i've mastered the art of the 11 second mustang, which honestly is easier than going 14's all day in a stock mustang.. Even if you just slap a bunch of parts together, which a power adder blower, or turbo, you will make an 11 second pass on a half sticky tire.. i've never used a full slick before, though it would help. I'd like to see a 10 second pass, then that's about all the further i'm gonna take it. As far as building the motor myself. On my LX I tried to go the expensive easy way out and bought a dss 306 shortblock. I won't comment on that since i'm dealing with them right now trying to get my "issues" resolved, but lets just say it didn't make it 1000 miles and it wasn't my fault. I would like to try to build a short block, but I've never really looked into it. Torn many of em apart :) Anything over the short block i've always done myself. I prefer to do it that way because as history has shown if I didn't do it myself, eventually i'll have to. I do my own tuning on my car with an anderson ford motorsport pms. which is a great device to have. Kinda pricey, but i could tune any mustang great with that thing as long as i got a wideband. As far as some tuning goes replying to the post above, I couldn't agree with you more. Basically what you saw in the video was me straight un tuned give or take 5 minutes of tuning on the way to the gas station. The whole setup was just a complete RUSH trying to get to the track. If i could have got the wideband off pig rich before i left for the track i probably would have went a lot faster. I also found that i had a broken part in my spark plug in the porcelin. not sure if it was like that when i was driving or if it happened on the last pass or what really. Long story short, I think if i can get a decent 60' and actually get some time to tune it, it'll go low 11's possibly high 10's. with 10-15lbs of boost i know it would go high 10's
-billy
HP Turbo 93 Cobra #3193
soon to be black again :)