Out of Storage - Photos

Post some pictures of any and all your vehicles here.

Moderators: 93Cobra#2771, SPEEDFREEK

vinchez78
'93 Cobra Luhva

Re: Out of Storage - Photos

Post by vinchez78 »

n
Z282SLO wrote:
Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:Those are not my words, but his. Go here: http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/ ... tible.html

He does from forum to forum talking about his 92 cobra "promotional vehicle" and no matter what anyone says, we are wrong, and he is correct.

:bs:
This is old news around here, Kevin. Water under the bridge ... for most of us, anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6368

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6523
Ya man, move on :twak:
BLK on Leather
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

SPEEDFREEK wrote:Looks good Georgia but does it have an LX door molding on the drivers side and a GT on the passenger?
I think your correct pass side looks gt , with driver side lx
dbrennancobra
Mustang Enthusiast

Post by dbrennancobra »

1993cobra wrote:
SPEEDFREEK wrote:Looks good Georgia but does it have an LX door molding on the drivers side and a GT on the passenger?
I think your correct pass side looks gt , with driver side lx
I just noticed it too... Weird, must have been the rebuild.
2004 svt Cobra Mystichrome Convertible STOCK
1967 mustang Coupe STOCK Red/Black - SOLD
1993 Cobra STOCK Red/Black #1264 SOLD
[youtube2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2pl2ye ... e=youtu.be [/youtube2]
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

I just went and looked very closely. Both sides are the same. Now the drivers side door was replaced about 6 years ago due to my Convertible being vandalized in Atlanta. I could have shot the guy who owned the body shop that did the work to repair it. The molding that was on my original door was in perfect condition. The Trim that was on the door that they used to replace my original was slightly "buggered up" on the leading edge where it meets the front fender. You think they could have and would have put my original Trim on the door used to replace the damaged door. NOOOOOOOOOO. That's what I get for going overseas for 2 and a half months with my job and leaving it to be worked in my absence. Live and learn. I guess if I can ever afford to have another repaint done I will order a brand new trim piece for that door.

The Snake

Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

The reason that body shop didn't bother to remove the trim piece from one door to put on the other was that the GT and LX door trim pieces were mostly ruined in the process of removing and could not be reused. A good body shop should have ordered a new piece when doing the repair. I've seen lousy body shop work where the shop didn't even bother to remove the door trim piece and simply painted it over.

On the other hand, since your ride already has GT and Cobra parts, it's kinda cool if it has an LX part, too. That way it's a true tribute to ALL the Fox-body 'Stangs! ;)
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

LOL You did not come to know and find out the things about this guy that I did, after the fact mind you to my dismay. I went out of the country and remember saying to him I was doing so, so he would have plenty of time with my Convertible. My mistake. I have always thought he waited to the last possible moment and then rushed the job. Like I said earlier, live and learn.

The Snake

PS. If you think about it the rear wing spoiler is sort of an LX Part in that it is the same Ford/Cars and Concepts unit used on the Limited Edition, Spring Time Specials, and 7-Up Convertibles. That was after all the only in house rear spoiler for a convertible offered by Ford.
1993cobra
Site Admin

Post by 1993cobra »

I still say they are different, lthe overal size of each is the same but the recessed area is thinner on a lx , like uour lh door.also the mouldings can be reused, if you just pull them off they will usually curl up or get wavy, easy fix is to use a wire wheel to remove the thin layer of aluminum. Or just use a long thin blade to cut them off the first time.
Z282SLO
Mustang Aficionado

Post by Z282SLO »

1993cobra wrote: also the mouldings can be reused, if you just pull them off they will usually curl up or get wavy, easy fix is to use a wire wheel to remove the thin layer of aluminum. Or just use a long thin blade to cut them off the first time.
Back when I worked at the Ford dealer, the body shop would never re-use Fox-body door trim pieces. They'd just order new ones and trash the old ones. Of course, at that time, Ford was still making these Fox-body parts.
03 COBRA Black with VMP
93 COBRA Black #3754 (RIP)
89 GT Black/Scarlet Red (SOLD)
86 GT Bright Red/Gray (SOLD)
Georgia Snake

Post by Georgia Snake »

I think I will just order a new trim piece in a little while that one is all roughed up on the edge where it meets the front fender anyway. I just looked this morning and the guy who messed it up when I had him fix the vandal damage is gone, his shop no longer exists. Like I said the one on the door that was damaged was absolutely perfect.

The Snake